Friday, July 15, 2011

36 weeks

Hello Kitty Graphics


I haven't said much about my pregnancy here, so I better hop to it before this baby arrives!

In December I found out I was pregnant. This pregnancy was different than my last from the beginning. With Kamryn, I was nauseous all the time during the first trimester and could hardly eat anything. This time, I was nauseous if I was hungry - so I ate all the time. I'd rather be full than sick, and I've got the thighs to prove it!

We found out it was a boy in February, just as we suspected. (Though I'm still a little afraid the ultrasound was wrong! Guess we'll find out soon enough.) I wouldn't say he moves any more or less than Kamryn, just differently. Since Kamryn was breech the whole pregnancy, she was high in my belly with her head directly under my ribs (which was super comfortable, let me tell you). This little guy has been head down (pretty sure he still is) and it makes for a very different pregnancy. I carry him much lower, which has put a lot of stress on my back.

When I was pregnant with Kamryn, my whole life revolved around the pregnancy. I thought about it all the time. This time, I was so busy being Mommy to a little busybody that I frequently forgot I was pregnant. I was comfortable and was content to be pregnant for quite a while.

Since I entered the third trimester, I am (like anyone else) much bigger and much more uncomfortable. I get tired easily and it's hard to do much of anything. Though since the baby has dropped, my back hurts less and I rarely have acid reflux anymore (woo!). What is great about the third trimester is lots of movements, which are fun to watch, and the nesting instinct, which helps me clean even when I'm exhausted.

I've had lots of Braxton Hicks contractions this pregnancy. I did have them with Kamryn, but I could only tell I was having them if I pressed on my belly. This time, I can definitely feel them. They rarely hurt, but they take my breath away. It can be very distracting and sometimes I get them so frequently I wonder if labor is starting, but they always taper off. The bright side is that my body is practicing for the real thing, so that makes me happy.

I'm a bit like a first time mom in the fact that I've never experienced labor, so that part will be a whole new world to me. I'm very curious to see how it all goes. Will my water break, or will I just slowly start contractions? Will he come early or late? Will labor be long? Who knows! My estimated due date is August 12th, so we'll see what happens in the next 4 weeks!


2 comments:

Mayginnes said...

Your going to go through this with flying colors! Tell them Willie Boy is here! (that was a movie about 1969).

Mayginnes said...

Of course, I meant "you're" not your (going to go...)