"The most sublime act is to set another before you."
This is from William Blake's Proverbs of Hell. WOW. If ever a line screamed at me, it is this one. I'm thinking I'll hang it on my wall someday, to inspire me on the days when I struggle with motivation. Most of the lines from Proverbs of Hell are mystifying, but a few others jumped out at me as well:
"The busy bee has no time for sorrow."
"What is now proved was once only imagin'd."
"You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough." - Wow!
"If others had not been foolish, we should be so."
I went to the doctor this week and got my pill (aka life force) situation improved, and I am feeling much, much better. WOO! Thank God for medicine (my mom would disagree but I sure don't).
Deidre has decided to go to Dixie next year. I love her dearly and I think she's an idiot. She'll be 18 in June and moving five hours away in August and thinks she'll survive. I just don't see it happening. She's so much fun and she's smart and I love her to death, but she's not independent. I suppose I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, but I think she'll have a really hard time. Maybe it's the overprotective sister in me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment