Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Ceiling canopy horror

Skyler and I are getting married in a church. The one and only reason for this is because it's free. I'd really rather not get married in a church, but my parents are not millionaires and neither am I. So I completely had my heart set on a ceiling canopy for the cultural hall to cover up the fact that, well, it's a cultural hall. Who wants to look up at basketball hoops as they're taking their vows? Certainly not me.

I have scoured the Internet for weeks, trying to find canopies. I found a great price on one and called today, asking if it was available on my wedding day. It is, she told me, but we'll be out of town, so you'll have to set it up yourself. It takes most people about four hours.

If I have to put the thing up, that means I have to take it down. Do I really want to do that? NO. My dream of a transformed cultural hall is spinning down the drain. I guess that's okay, because I'm sick and tired of trying to figure out how to do this and that, and who is cheapest at this and that. UGH.

Speaking of being sick and tired, I am literally sick and tired. On Sunday night I began having hot and cold flashes, a headache, was slightly nauseous, and generally felt like crap. This continued into Monday, where I got absolutely nothing done because I felt like absolute poo. I had a resulting cough and somewhat sore throat, which today has gotten worse. I feel slightly nauseous again, as well as achy.

flu

Tomorrow I have to move home. How can I do that if I'm sick? Plus I have to clean out my car, get the oil changed, and rotate the tires before we take it to Vegas on Friday. As they say, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so right after work I'm going to hit the sack, even if it means missing Carmen's birthday extravaganza. (Sorry, Carmen).

1 comment:

Aloicoius said...

I got SO sick in them month leading up to the wedding. It will be the happiest day of your life and the most stressful day of your life, all rolled into one. But I'm still excited! And hopefully you can get all your sickiness out now so you're not sick on your wedding day, or the cruise!

ps. LOVE your countdown at the top of the page!