Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pillow Talk

My wonderful husband and I work the same shift, so we go to bed and get up at the same time each day (except Saturday, when I have work and he has school). Our nightly routine is to turn on the news at nine and begin our brushing teeth-taking out contacts-washing face routine, then snuggle in bed while flipping between Fox 13 and Family Guy. When the TV goes off, the following conversation happens the majority of nights:

(Please note that Skyler loves to tease, and I enjoying playing it up to entertain him.)

Me: Your knee is touching me.
Sky: I'm stretching.
Me: Can you stretch another way?
Sky: (puts his whole leg on me) Goodnight.
Me: Get off me!
Sky: Isn't this comfortable?
Me: Get off already.
Sky: Goodnight.
Me: I can't sleep when you're touching me!
Sky: That's too bad.
Me: Don't touch me, I'm sleeping!
Sky: (pokes me with his feet)
Me: Get your icky feet off me!
Sky: Hey, I'm clean! (continues with the foot poking)
Me: Ew! Don't touch me!
Sky: (laughs)
Me: I can't sleep when you're touching me!
Sky: (pokes)
Me: Stop it! Don't touch me! I'm sleeping! (kick his feet away)
Sky: (wraps his feet around my legs)
Me: (wriggle out from his grasp and fall off the bed)
Sky: (bursts into laughter)

And, after a few repeats of the conversation above, we eventually tire and fall asleep. And thus is the life of the couple who sleep in a king-sized bed with at least six inches separating them.

1 comment:

Aloicoius said...

He is SUCH a tease! This post made me laugh out loud.

Zach used to be really anti-touch in bed but now we always have at least our feet touching during the night.